Savannah yurt is 6 metres in diameter and is made locally using coppiced ash, hazel and chestnut. It is located approx 150m from the shower/WC/washing up area. It is furnished with sheepskin rugs, leopard print throws and has a distinctly 'Out of Africa' feel to it. A wood burning stove will keep you toasty warm at night.
There is a large decked area outside allowing guests to enjoy the peace of the woodland. There’s a big picnic table below the deck and beside the large fire-pit. There is a BBQ and locally produced charcoal is available from the Forest Garden Shop.
Sleeps 4/5 One double futon is laid out and made up as a double bed. There is also a futon sofa that can be pulled out to make another double bed. There is an additional futon sofa that can be converted to a single bed. (additional bedding charges apply - see extras)
ORDER YOUR BED LINEN!
Please note that the yurt includes 1 x double bed complete with full bed linen. Additional bed linen can be ordered in advance for £25/set (see extras) or you can bring your own bedding.
Good to know
Things you might want to bring: Torches, wellies, slippers, fire lighters, towels, insect repellent, sun cream, extra outdoor camping lights.
We regret that pets are not allowed on site.
- Extra Bedding:Duvet, Pillows & Linen @ £25 per set
- Charcoal - locally sourced: £7 per 3Kg bag. To be ordered at time of booking
- Logs: For fire pit or wood burner @ £7.00 each. To be ordered at time of booking.
- Courses: Regular or Bespoke courses in Green woodworking and Country Crafts:(min 3 person) - please click here for more information/pricing.
- Holistic massage: • Available for people staying the yurts or cabins. Please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Forest Garden Honey: (When available) £7 jar (1lb)
- Forest Garden Bramley Apple Juice: £3.50
- Traditional tea parties: (min 6 persons) - please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Full English: Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), local bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, home made bread, tea or coffee.
- Vegetarian Breakfast : Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), Halloumi, Quorn sausages, tomatoes, home made bread,tea or coffee.
- n.b. Breakfast available only on Saturday & Sunday and must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Please contact us.
- Check in: 3.00pm - 6.00pm
- Check out time: 10.00 am.
- You must be minimum 25 years of age to make a booking.
- For any group bookings of more than 2 accommodations please contact us.
- All groups of 6 people and above must pay a £200 holding deposit per unit on booking [to cover breakages, damage or disturbance]. Please contact us for more details.
- Guests must take away all their own rubbish when vacating the premises.
- We are a small rural site and offer our guests the opportunity to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the woodland. We ask everyone to keep noise levels down at all times.
- The car park is between 70 and 200m from your accommodation. Wheelbarrows are provided and should be left at the car park.
- We suggest that valuables are best kept with you or in a locked car. Forest Garden Shovelstrode cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings or valuables incurred during your stay.
- Fireguard for child safety can be provided on request. Please contact us.
- The off-grid accommodation does not provide electricity or running water
- The shower/WC and washing up facilities are at the Loo Block beside the car park which is a maximum of 200m from the accommodation.
- Towels are not provided.
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A TORCH AND MATCHES/LIGHTER!