Savannah yurt is 6 metres in diameter and is made locally using coppiced ash and hazel. It is located approx 100m from the shower/WC/washing up area.
There is a large decked area outside allowing guests to enjoy the peace of the woodland. It is furnished with sheepskin rugs, leopard print throws and has a distinctly 'Out of Africa' feel to it. A woodburning stove will keep you toasty warm at night.
Sleeps : 5. Two double futon sofas and one single futon. One double futon is made into a double bed with duvet & linen. Additional bed linen can be provided (see Extras). Alternatively guests can provide their own duvet/sleeping bag and bed linen. Additional camp bed can also be provided (see Extras).
Good to know
Things you might want to bring: Torches, wellies, slippers, fire lighters, towels, insect repellent, sun cream, extra outdoor camping lights.
We regret that pets are not allowed on site.
- Late checkout - Sunday night till 6pm: £80 (During school term times only)
- Extra Bedding: Duvet, Pillows & Linen @ £20.00 per person
- Extra camp bed: £30
- Logs: For fire pit or wood burner @ £7.00 each. Logs need to be ordered at time of booking
- Charcoal - locally sourced: £6.50 per 3Kg bag
- Our own eggs: (When available) £1.50 half dozen
- Forest Garden Honey: (When available) £6 jar (1lb)
- Forest Garden Bramley Apple Juice: £3.20
- Full English breakfast: Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), local bacon, sausages, tomatoes, home made bread,tea or coffee. £12 per person
- Vegetarian Breakfast : Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), Haloumi, Quorn sausages, tomatoes, home made bread,tea or coffee. £12 per person
- Holistic massage: Available for people staying the yurts. Please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Traditional tea parties: (min 6 persons) - please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Bespoke Green woodworking courses: (min 3 people) - please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Please also see the range of woodland crafts courses that we have scheduled by clicking on Courses
- Check in: 3.00pm - 6.00pm
Check out time: 10.00 am.
Late check out time on Sundays: 6pm (school term times only) (see 'Extras' above)
Guests are reminded to remove and take away all their own rubbish when vacating the premises.
- All groups of 6 people and above need to pay a £250 deposit on booking [to cover breakages, damage or disturbance]. Please contact us for more details
- For anybody who is 25 years of age and under please contact us before booking.
- Towels are NOT provided.
- Fireguard can be provided on request
- Accommodation does not provide electricity or refrigerators
An electricity power supply (to charge telephones etc) is available in shower block
We suggest that valuables are best kept with you or in a locked car. Forest Garden Shovelstrode cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings or valuables incurred during your stay.