The 6 x 3.5m hand crafted log cabin takes on all the aesthetics of a traditional frontier style dwelling. The Western Red Cedar timber frame building is well insulated with a cosy wood burner to keep you warm all the year round. Downstairs there is a sitting room area in front of the lovely wood burning stove. Upstairs there is double bed sleeping area. The veranda offers covered deck space with table and benches for outdoor eating and a large open outdoor fire-pit and BBQ.
Sleeps: 6. On the mezzanine level there is comfortable double bed (headroom 1250mm) – this is accessed by a ladder. In the sitting room there is a double sofa bed and in the kitchen area there a banquette which converts into another double bed with a futon stored inside the seat.
One double bed (upstairs) is made up with duvet & linen. Additional bed linen can be provided (see Extras). Alternatively, guests can provide their own duvet/sleeping bag and bed linen.
Idaho cabin is exclusively for course attendees. Please refer to our page on Courses for more information and/or contact us directly by email
Good to know
Things you might want to bring: Torches, wellies, slippers, fire lighters, towels, insect repellent, sun cream, extra outdoor camping lights.
- Late checkout - Sunday night till 6pm: £90 (During school term times only)
- Extra Bedding: Duvet, Pillows & Linen @ £20 per person
- Logs: For fire pit or wood burner @ £7.00 each. Logs need to be ordered at time of booking
- Charcoal - locally sourced: £6.50 per 3Kg bag
- Our own eggs: (When available) £1.50 half dozen
- Forest Garden Honey: (When available) £6 jar (1lb)
- Forest Garden Bramley Apple Juice: £3.20
- Full English breakfast: Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), local bacon, sausages, tomatoes, home made bread,tea or coffee. £12 per person
- Vegetarian Breakfast : Orange juice, Forest Garden eggs (fried or scrambled), Halloumi, Quorn sausages, tomatoes, home made bread,tea or coffee. £12 per person
- Holistic massage: Available for people staying the yurts or cabins. Please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Traditional tea parties: (min 6 persons) - please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Bespoke Green woodworking courses: (min 1 person) - please contact us for more information/pricing.
- Please also see the range of woodland crafts courses that we have scheduled by clicking on Courses
- Check in: 3.00pm - 6.00pm
Check out time: 10.00 am.
Late check out time on Sundays: 6pm (school term times only) (see 'Extras' above)
Guests are reminded to remove and take away all their own rubbish when vacating the premises.
- All groups of 6 people and above need to pay a £250 deposit on booking [to cover breakages, damage or disturbance]. Please contact us for more details
- For anybody who is 25 years of age and under please contact us before booking.
Towels are NOT provided.
- Fireguard can be provided on request
- Accommodation does not provide electricity or refrigerators
An electricity power supply (to charge telephones etc) is available in shower block
We suggest that valuables are best kept with you or in a locked car. Forest Garden Shovelstrode cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings or valuables incurred during your stay.